1tsp dried oregano
1tsp dried thyme
1tsp dried marjoram
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
500gm lamb strips
half a small red onion, chopped
4 truss tomatoes, chopped
half a Lebanese cucumber, peeled and chopped
30gm feta, crumbled
50gm spinach, chopped
4 Lebanese bread wraps
1. Combine herbs, garlic, juice and oil in a large bowl. Add lamb, combine well and marinade for 30 minutes (ideally).
2. Pan fry lamb strips in a large skillet over medium-high heat until well browned. Use tongs to turn frequently.
3. Put onion, tomatoes, cucumber, feta and spinach in small serving bowls with small spoons, forks or tongs for serving.
4. When lamb is cooked, put in a serving bowl, with tongs for serving
5. Put bread on individual serving plates, with butter knives.
6. To serve, set out bowls, and let people put their own wraps together, using knives to help hold the contents while they wrap.
Using store-bought pre-marinaded souvlaki lamb is a great time-saver for this.
I like to also offer hoummus as a base spread. Yoghurt would also work.
Hot chips make a great accompaniment.