4 chicken breasts, about 150g each
4 tsp olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 220°.
2. Mix the sugar, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, slat and pepper in a bowl.
3. Put the chicken fillets smooth side down on your work surface. Cover with plastic wrap then use a rolling pin to flatten them until they’re no more than 2 cm thick. This tenderises the chicken and helps in even cooking.
4. put the fillets on a baking tray and rub on both sides with olive oil, then sprinkle the seasoning over the fillets to cover them evenly.
5. Bake the chicken for 15 minutes, or until their internal temperature is 67°.
6. Serve (I used some oven roasted baby potatoes and some corn, green beans and carrots lightly boiled and tossed in butter).
This is a Nagi Maehashi recipe from her book Recipe Tin Eats Dinner.