250 chorizo, sliced thickly
1 medium red onion, chopped
2 medium potatoes, parboiled, cut to eighths
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
tsp hot chilli flakes
tsp ground paprika
tsp ground cumin
handful of green beans, chopped to 3cm lengths
1/4 medium red capsicum, roughly chopped
1/4 medium yellow capsicum, roughly chopped
2 x 125gm tins 4 Bean mix, drained and rinsed
1 x 125gm tin black beans, drained and rinsed
1 x 400gm tin chopped tomatoes
175ml chicken stock
handful of curly parsley, chopped
1. In a good sized pot with a heavy base, fry the chorizo in a little love oil over medium-high heat for 2 mins. Add the onion, cook another few minutes, stirring. Set aisde.
2. In the same pot, brown the potato chunks over medium-high heat in the oil left from the chorizo until they crisp up a little. Set aside.
3. Lower the heat, add a little more olive oil and gently fry the garlic, chilli flakes, paprika and cumin until they become soft and aromatic. Add the capsicum and green beans, raise the heat a little and stir until the vegetables start to soften and brown a little.
4. Add the chorizo and onions, potatoes, tomato and stock and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
5. Add the tinned beans, stir through and continue to simmer gently for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, there should be a good chilli kick.
6. The aim is to keep it a bit soupy, add a bit more stock if it thickens too much. Stir through the chopped parsley, and serve with plent of crusty bread.
Serves three, adjust ingredients acoordingly for more or less people.